20 DIY Beauty Gifts That Are So Much Better Than Anything You Can Buy
DIY beauty has taken on a life of its own. These days, there’s a recipe for everything. It’s easier than ever to source
and fulfill your very own customisable beauty needs, no matter how far-fetched or specific they may be.
‘Tis the gifting season, so what better way to show the ladies in your life some love than by sticking a bow on a homemade
treat? Instead of heading down the beauty aisle at Sephora, try these DIY ideas to add a personal touch to your gifts.
Rock your body with scrubs, oils and fauxtan that’s not orange.
1. Edible Chocolate Body Scrub This edible scrub will leave the skin feeling soft to the touch and radiant ot the eyes.The coconut shavings and brown sugar exfoliate dry skin, while the coconut oil and coffee grounds give your body adewy glow.
2. For the friend who had to kick her tanning bed habit, this faux tanner is the perfect choice.The cocoa powder and coconut oil deliver just a hint of bronze without looking unnatural. Faux Self-Tanner
3. Aphrodisiac Blend Clearly, this formula is designed for nights inwith that special person in your life.This aromatherapy blend can be worn as perfume, or you can use it to set the mood. Sensual Massage Oil
4. Solid Perfume Lockets
This gift is the ultimate customizable gem. Grab a sample of your friend’s fave scent and make her a solid perfume locket necklace.
Give face with homemade eye shadow, makeup remover and masks.
1. We gave this one a try first hand and are here to tell you that the concoction is a must!Plus, it makes the perfect gift for your friend who’s always travelling. Makeup Remover Wipes
2. All Natural Eye Shadow
Even the gals who don’t wear makeup should be intrigued to give this all-natural approach a go.
This tutorial has recipes for four neutral hues of eyes hadow that might soon become part of your everyday look.
3. Vinotherapy comes in many forms. Some even include applying it right to your face.Grab a bottle of wine and make this face mask to gift your bestie. Don’t forget to sip while you DIY. Chamomile Red Wine Face Mask
4. Apple cider vinegar has countless benefits, both internally and externally.This DIY takes ACV to the next level by adding pomegranate and orange zest. The final resultis a Apple Cider Vinegar Pomegranate Toner face toner that brightens and tightens.
Pucker up with a lip plumper, scrub and balm.
1. There is something nostalgic about Kool-Aid.When you add a few more unexpected ingredients to the mix, you end up with a lip plumping stain that really takes you back. Kool-Aid Cayenne Lip Plumper
2. Cranberry Coconut Lip Stain
This is the ultimate treatment for the winter’s dry air.
Blend coconut oil, shea butter, cranberry and beetroot powder to make a gift suitable for any pucker.
Bonus: This also doubles as a cheek stain.
3. We’ve deemed this DIYa staple.The mint-infused sugar will treat any chapped lips.You can even gift this to one of your male friends, because he’s sure to love pampering himself. Rosemary and Peppermint Lip Scrub
4. Vanilla Creamsicle Lip Balm
The name itself should be enough to make you want this as a gift.
This all-natural blend of oils, shea butter and beeswax is not only totally simple to make, but also adjustable. The recipe can be multiplied, making enough for a bunch of your favorite peeps.
Shake off your hair woes with shampoo, pomade and sea salt spray.
1. For anyone who likes to go a few days without washing her hair, or the gal who needs more volume, dry shampoo is a great solution.This three-ingredient blend is cost-friendly and even helps to disguise root outgrowth. Dry Shampoo (for Brunettes!)
2. Hair Pomade
Here is another go-to gift for your man friends.
Your dude will love the DIY element of this beeswax blend, and you can create a custom label to make this gift even more personal.
3. Beer Shampoo
Did you know the malt and hops in beer are full of protein that will nourish your hair while giving it more volume?
4. Just because summer has come and gone doesn’t mean you need to stash of one of the best, most universal hair products until next season.Beach spray is the ultimate style product to add texture and keep flyaway hairs tame. Lavender Sea Salt Beach Spray