By Kelly Wilson
Beauty is big business — which means as we continue to fill our cabinets with lotions, potions and products, we’re depleting our wallets of more and more money. While buying a tube of lipstick or mascara isn’t going to break the bank, we need to remind ourselves that sometimes the things that make us feel the most beautiful don’t always come in a bottle. Our editor-in-chief Arianna Huffington certainly agrees.
Her number one beauty tip is getting plenty of sleep. “The most important beauty decision of my day is getting eight hours of sleep. It changes how I feel and how I look. And in fact, modern science backs me up.” “For example, a study in UK tested the effects of sleep deprivation on a group of 30 women. Their skin was analyzed and photographed after they slept for eight hours and then again after sleeping six hours for five nights in a row. Fine lines and wrinkles increased by 45 percent, blemishes went up by 13 percent and redness increased by 8 percent,” Arianna explained. “In other words, we wear our lack of sleep on our faces. Who needs Botox, just get eight hours of sleep!” To that end, here are 11 more ways to feel beautiful — free of charge.
1. Call your mom or your best friend for a good catch-up.
2. Get super dressed up for a casual lunch or dinner.
3. Dance in the mirror before leaving the house each morning.
4. Make sure to laugh (real belly laughs) as much as possible.
5. Wear your hair in a style that you usually only wear for special occasions.
6. Commit random acts of kindness.
7. Go for a run or walk and admire nature’s beauty.
8. Compliment yourself or write yourself a love note.
9. Watch a movie that makes you smile. (“The First Wives Club” is always on that list.)
10. Take a few selfies, whether you share them on social media or not.
11. Wear your best underthings under your everyday clothes.
Read more: www.huffingtonpost.com
modern clothing women dresses online shopping