Ok, so you left it too late (or you’ve just been dreading the mall). I don’t blame you. I just got back into Vancouver for the holidays and I’m trying to knock out my Christmas shopping in 1 day.
In the mad rush of it all, I was talking with one of my nearest and dearest, Megan from Pur Oslo.
Megan is the brains and beauty behind the brand, which boasts organic, local and vegan eats. Everything from organic fresh pressed juices to raw and baked goods, as well as salads with some flair!
In my Christmas gift from her this year, I was over the moon to find some healthy edibles that she made. Luckily for me, she was in the spirit to share with me (and you) some of the super easy and yummy recipes.
Perhaps these will save you last minute, or just be a tasty addition to your holidays!
Some say “The best gifts are handmade.”
You don’t have to be a baker or maker to make something awesome.
Here are some easy ideas for gifts or stocking stuffers this year.
This is a great gift to satisfy anyone’s pallet. Gather your favorite citrus fruits and get ready to MAKE. Try to buy organic citrus and avoid waxed citrus. Give it a good scrub with warm water and white vinegar and dry completely before zesting.
– 1/2 cup / 2.25 oz / 65g flaky sea salt
– 1.5 tablespoons citrus zest (or more for more flavor)
• Preheat your oven to oven 225F / 105C.
• Combine the salt and citrus zest in a medium bowl and mix.
• Spread across a parchment lined baking sheet or in a gastro pan and mix well.
• Bake for about an hour or until citrus is dried out, stirring from time to time.
The sea salt should absorb the juices creating a nice flavor.
• Let cool and put in an air tight jar or if you want it finely ground place in food processor or blender.
*Note: you’ll need a powerful food processor or Vitamix to make this recipe.
Four simple ingredients. Hazelnuts, cacao, maple syrup, sea salt. The only time consuming part of this recipe is de-skinning the hazelnuts.
– 3 cups (415g) raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
– 1/4 cup cacao
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
• Preheat oven to 350F / 175C degrees and add hazelnuts to a baking sheet in a single layer. If raw, roast for a total of 12-15 minutes. If already roasted, roast for 8-10 minutes just to warm the natural oils and loosen the skins. This will make it easier to blend into butter.
• Remove from the oven and let cool.. Take a kitchen towel or your hands and take the skin off. The more skin you remove the creamier the Nutella will be.
• Place hazelnuts in food processor/Vitamix and blend until smooth and then add the rest of the ingredients.
• If you don’t eat it all at once, place it in an air tight jar and it will last you for 2-3 weeks.
*Note: requires silicone molds
Most chocolate lovers love hand made chocolates.
Melt your favourite chocolate with a double broiler (so you don’t burn the chocolate) and find you favourite shaped silicon moulds and fill them up.
Create a little flair to your chocolate and add something in the middle like almond butter or Nutella. Fill the chocolate mould half way, refrigerate until solid, add filler then more melted chocolate on top, maybe top it with some flaky sea salt and place it back in the refrigerator to chill.
The perfect hand made gift!
You can dress up popcorn in so many ways.
Make a caramel out of dates.
Add your favourite nut butter and melted chocolate.
Colour it with a dash of fresh pressed juice.
If you use butter add some citrus juice to your butter to liven up the flavour.
Not into making, but want something hand made?
Check out these great sites:
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
Folksy, is the British version of Etsy; however, the site offers free how-to guides for making your own crafty goodies.
Super Market caters to the urban hipster – a supermarket doesn’t have “artists,” it has “designers.”
And when it comes to local, the best way to find local hand made gifts is at your local markets and boutiques!
Local markets are abound this time of year, take some time to comb the booths and find some hidden gems. Or, head over to the area you know there are many local boutiques and businesses. These shops often carry unique, local brands and brands you can’t find anywhere else.
Merry Christmas, especially to my fellow last minute loves! <3
Kate & Megan
The post Healthy Last Minute Gift Ideas You Can Make with Pur Olso appeared first on Living Pretty, Naturally.
Magna is a high-performance, multi-terrain hiking shoe.
Featuring our single piece slash-proof and exceptionally
durable nylon vamp with speed hooks and wing lock lace