“Keep your chin up!” Here I am to tell you how to get rid of double chin with simple exercises.
A simple “chin up” posture can make a sea of change in your persona.
It can say a hell lot of things about you. It can speak of your resilience, confidence, grit, and endurance.
But what if you have gained some weight lately and have a double chin or an extra layer of flab around your skin? Is it interfering with your appearance and the persona you want to flaunt?
Well, it’s not just about your “looks,” “personality,” or social norms of beauty.
A double chin is never great news for your health. It is primarily related to obesity and sudden weight gain.
Yes, with simple makeup tricks, like using lipsticks of bold colors, you can hide your double chins temporarily. But why hide when one can get rid of it easily?
How To Lose Double Chin? First Know Why It Happens
Do you know why one has a double chin?
I thought of sharing the reasons for having a double chin before getting into the double chin exercises.
Double chin is also familiar as submental fat. It’s a layer of fat stored below your chin, stopping you from getting the perfectly chiseled jawline.
Many factors can lead to having a double chin. Here are the most common reasons.
Weight Gain And Obesity
A double chin or the accumulation of submental fat is a clear indication of obesity or sudden weight gain.
So, if you have put on some pounds lately or fighting obesity, make a change in your diet plan with professional consultation. Also, you will need to do your daily dose of workouts to lose the extra flab.
Genetics can be another reason why you have a double chin. You might have a lean body and a double chin.
Genetics decide how fat is distributed throughout your body. So, your double chin may have been passed on to you from your parents or kin.
Also, if you have looser skin genetically, there are chances of having a double chin.
When we age, the elasticity of our skin goes down. So, the skin starts to sag.
This sagging skin and weaker chin muscles caused by aging can cause a double chin.
Poor Diet And Lack Of Exercise
Your daily diet can cause the formation of a double chin. Make sure that you are not overeating refined carbs, high-fat protein, high-fat dairy products, unhealthy sugar, and processed food.
Also, a lack of exercise or a sedentary lifestyle can give birth to weight gain or obesity, the most common reason behind having a double chin.
Do you have a round face? Do your friends love your chubby cheeks?
Blame it on your face morphology if you have a double chin. People with a round face shape are prone to having fat stored under their chin.
Hormonal imbalance is a significant reason for having a double chin.
First, if you are very stressed and your body produces too much cortisol, you can have a fluffy face with a double chin.
Again, pregnancy or menopause are the times when women go through massive hormonal changes. Thus, the fat distribution system in the entire body gets affected, causing a double chin.
Hypothyroidism is a serious health concern that massively affects our metabolism. So, people with this medical condition start putting on weight.
So, they can have fat accumulation on their face or a double chin.
If you do not maintain proper posture while sitting, standing, or walking, your chin and neck muscles tend to weaken.
These weak muscles can be the reason why you have a double chin.
How To Get Rid Of Double Chin with Exercises?
All the search engines are replete with terms like “how to get rid of double chin” or “how to lose double chin.”
I mean, people are under so much pressure to get rid of their double chin, they are not getting their spelling correct. It indeed shows the craze and the need to learn how to get rid of double chin.
It’s time you try the following exercises below and get the perfect jawline.
1. Remove Double Chin With Straight Jaw Jut Exercise
It’s the simplest exercise if you want to know how to get rid of double chin.
- Look up at the ceiling when your head is tilted at the back.
- Keep pushing your lower jaw at the front until you sense a stretch under your chin.
- Count 1 to 10.
- Now relax and slowly bring your head to a neutral position.
2. Go the Do-OO-EE Way
Remember the fun times with your friends at school. Those making faces followed laughter rolls!
It’s time to recreate those moments for maximum facial movements, helping to get rid of double chin.
- Just as the double chin exercise suggests, first say Do.
- Then, say OO followed by the sound EE.
- Repeat the entire process at a fast speed.
3. Smile Your Heart Out
How to get rid of double chin? Smile as much as you can.
When you smile, all the muscles in your face stretch. So, with this exercise, you tend to lose fat from your cheeks, improving your face morphology, one of the major reasons behind having a double chin.
- Start smiling and let your mouth slowly stretch until it has reached the “full smile” position.
- Repeat the practice ten times for each set of smiling exercises.
4. Ball Exercise
Ball exercise is one of the best choices if you are searching for “neck exercises double chin.”
It works on all the muscles in your neck and chin to firm facial skin and removes double chin. You can do the exercise several times a day.
- Take a 9 to 10-inch ball and place it against your throat.
- Press the ball with your chin and squeeze it for a few seconds.
- Release the ball and get back to the neutral position.
- Repeat the process 10 times for each set.
5. Stretch Your Tongue
It’s a fun exercise, and all of us have tried touching our noses with our tongues.
But back then, we didn’t know this simple thing could be effective for our neck and chin muscles. Here’s how to get it right.
- Look up straight and stick your tongue out as much as possible.
- Try touching your nose with your tongue.
- Keep the tongue in that upward position for around ten seconds.
- Release and relax.
6. Pucker Up
This exercise is also known as “Kiss the Ceiling.” It’s effective because it promotes burning fat accumulated around your neck and works on your chin muscles.
- Lean your head backward and look up at the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips so that you feel a little pool under your chin.
- Hold it for 5 seconds, release, and relax.
- Repeat the process five times to complete a set.
7. Bottom Jaw Jut
Bottom jaw jut is an excellent exercise to give your neck and face a slimmer appearance. It also imparts a relaxing feeling when you are worked up.
- Lean your head back and look up at the ceiling.
- Now, move your head toward your right.
- Let your bottom jaw move or slide forward until you feel the stretch.
- Maintain this position for five to ten seconds and relax.
- Repeat the same process with your head leaned toward your left.
8. Neck Stretch
Neck stretches effectively work on the muscles in that area. Also, when you stretch your neck backward to the optimal position, you feel a certain pull in your chin area. Thus, the muscles in your chin get stretched, helping to reduce double chin.
- Just lean your head backward.
- You should be looking up at the ceiling.
- Make sure you feel the stretch in your chin while leaning back.
- Hold your head in the leaned-back position for five to ten seconds and relax.
9. Tongue Press
It’s an easy yet effective exercise if you want to know how to get rid of double chin. You have to repeat the exercise five times to complete a set. Do it in three sets every time you do this exercise.
- Press your tongue against your mouth roof.
- Move your head back and forth with your tongue pressed against the roof of your mouth.
10. Pigeon Face
Making a pigeon face helps in getting rid of the extra flab by working on the muscles of your chin.
- Hold the area below your ears or lower jaw with your thumbs and index fingers.
- Now, tilt your head forward to feel a strain on your chin muscles.
- Hold the position for five seconds and relax.
- Repeat the process three times to complete a set.
11. Say X-O
This easy exercise to remove a double chin targets the muscles of your neck, jaw, and cheeks.
- Say X and then O.
- Repeat the process at a fast speed.
- Continue the process 12 times to complete a set.
- For the best effect, do the exercise in three sets.
12. Neck Rotations
Neck rotation is a helpful exercise if you are concerned about how to get rid of double chin. It is an exercise that promotes movement in the jaw, neck, and chin muscles.
- Start from the left side and rotate your neck clockwise until you reach the neutral position.
- Again, start from the right and move your neck anti-clockwise.
- Repeat these combined rotations ten times to complete a set.
Simple exercises can bring effective results and end worries related to how to get rid of double chin. You can aid these exercises with a proper diet plan for the best result. Food items that aid in reducing double chin are whole grains, fresh veggies and fruits, apple cider vinegar gummies, lean meat, etc.
In addition, you can do some physical activities like stationary biking, jogging, running, brisk walking, swimming, or whatever exercise your fitness trainer suggests.
Your jawline will start getting chiseled with the numbers on the weighing scale going down. Moreover, smile and say goodbye to stress if you want to improve your facial appearance.
So, what are your plans to keep your chin up?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Ans: Following a balanced diet and proper exercise can help you get rid of face fat and a double chin.
Lean meat like poultry and fish with Omega 3, fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains are ideal if you want effective transformation.
Also, don’t forget to drink a lot of water throughout the day.
Ans: You can lose face fat in seven days with the help of simple facial and neck exercises. You can stretch or rotate your neck, pucker up, do jaw jut, tongue stretch, and other similar activities to get rid of the fat stored below your chin.
However, if you want the result fast, you must incorporate some lifestyle changes with healthy eating habits and physical exercises.
There are also some invasive ways to get rid of a double chin. Consult an expert dermatologist or expert beauty therapist if you want to go for processes like mesotherapy or lipolysis.
Ans: Neck fat can be genetic or caused by weight gain. More serious reasons behind fat accumulation around the neck are hormonal imbalance, water retention in the body, or hypothyroidism.
You can get a slimmer neck by doing exercises like neck stretching, neck rotation, and neck rolling. Also, you will have to make changes in your food and portion.
You must completely avoid processed food, refined carbohydrate, and sugar to get a slimmer neck. Instead, you can appease your appetite with fruits, veggies, lean meat, low-fat dairy products, etc.
Also, try to avoid overstressing yourself as it can boost cortisol secretion, facilitating weight gain and the formation of an ugly neck hump.
Ans: Yes, face exercises work to reduce double chin and fat storage in your face. Also, with face workouts, the flab on your cheeks will disappear, and your jawline will be more structured.
Some of the facial exercises also target the muscles in the neck area. Thus, they help you have a slimmer face and neck at the same time.